日韩午夜精品视频,欧美私密网站,国产一区二区三区四区,国产主播一区二区三区四区

 

42 arrested in turmoil on Egypt's Tahrir square

 
0 CommentsPrint E-mail Xinhua, April 10, 2011
Adjust font size:

Forty-two people were arrested in the turmoil on central Cairo's Tahrir square early Saturday, among them eight people wearing army uniforms and three foreigners, Egypt's Supreme Council of Armed Forces said at a press conference.

The Supreme Council denied that army troops opened fire at demonstrators in Tahrir square earlier Saturday.

Assistant Defense Minister Major General Adel Omara asserted that soldiers who were at the scene were not armed, and the protesters were arrested during the curfew which starts at 2 a.m. local time (0000 GMT).

Thousands of Egyptian protestors returned to Tahrir Square Saturday morning, and some of them tried to set up tents inside the square, calling for a civil presidential council to manage the country in the transitional period until a new constitution is issued and the presidential and parliamentary elections are held.

Omara also dismissed reports that caretaker Prime Minister Essam Sharaf submitted his resignation, and the reports that former president Hosni Mubarak travelled abroad for medical treatment.

The military authorities said it would clear the square to bring life back to normal.

Egypt's Ministry of Health confirmed earlier that one person was killed and 71 others were injured in the turmoil dawn of Saturday in Tahrir Square.

Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comments

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter
主站蜘蛛池模板: 当阳市| 宜宾县| 青龙| 思茅市| 容城县| 西林县| 黄山市| 平果县| 清苑县| 武安市| 金乡县| 闵行区| 临洮县| 宁城县| 南开区| 唐海县| 濮阳市| 通城县| 舒兰市| 湘西| 昔阳县| 屯昌县| 金湖县| 平安县| 嘉鱼县| 噶尔县| 古蔺县| 梁河县| 桦川县| 安溪县| 浏阳市| 紫金县| 陇南市| 砚山县| 广元市| 定兴县| 本溪市| 满洲里市| 延川县| 龙里县| 定远县|