日韩午夜精品视频,欧美私密网站,国产一区二区三区四区,国产主播一区二区三区四区

 

Iran opposes military intervention in Bahrain

0 CommentsPrint E-mail Xinhua, March 16, 2011
Adjust font size:

Iran on Tuesday opposed the foreign military intervention in Bahrain to confront the protests but Manama slammed its comments.

The foreign military intervention in Bahrain to confront the protests is "unacceptable," Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said Tuesday in his weekly press briefing after the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) reportedly sent forces to Bahrain to maintain order and security.

The military intervention in Bahrain will further complicate the situation, he added.

The Bahraini people have "legitimate demands that are expressed peacefully," Mehmanparast said, adding that violence should be avoided in the face of their demands and it is expected that they would be met in "correct ways."

The GCC, a six-member regional bloc consisting Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Oman, would protect strategic facilities, such as oil, electricity and water installations along with financial and banking facilities.

This came after Bahraini police clashed on Sunday with a number of Shiite protesters in one of the most violent confrontations since seven protesters were killed last month.

Referring to the surprise visit of the U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates to Manama on Saturday, Mehmanparast said that "in any region where the U.S. military officials attend, we witness the suppression of people."

Iran summoned Swiss Ambassador to Tehran Livia Leu Agosti on Tuesday over the U.S. support for interference of foreign forces in Bahrain and "baseless" remarks by U.S. Gates against the Islamic Republic during an unannounced visit to the Bahraini, the local satellite Press TV said.

The Swiss Embassy in Tehran represents U.S. interests in Iran since Tehran and Washington severed diplomatic relations in 1980.

"The U.S. support for military intervention is in clear contradiction with international regulations and the United Nations Charter. So, the Islamic Republic holds the United States responsible for dangerous consequences of such illegal attitude," a Foreign Ministry official was quoted by Press TV as saying.

According to the report, the Islamic Republic also summoned Bahrain's charge d'affaires over the GCC military intervention.

Bahrain "immediately" called home its ambassador to Iran on Tuesday after Tehran slammed the dispatch of the Gulf troops to the country, Bahrain's official news agency reported.

In a statement, a deputy foreign minister said the kingdom's ambassador has been called for consultation.

The Bahrain diplomat said Iran's remarks ran counter to the norms of good neighborhood between the countries, slamming such remarks as unacceptable meddling into Bahrain's domestic affairs.

Bahrain, home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet, is ruled by the Sunni Muslim al-Khalifa family where the majority Shiite population said they faced discrimination in jobs and other services. The kingdom denies such claims.

Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comments

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter
主站蜘蛛池模板: 岑溪市| 平原县| 新丰县| 眉山市| 镶黄旗| 桐柏县| 曲周县| 桐城市| 息烽县| 论坛| 云安县| 衡南县| 中山市| 宁国市| 齐齐哈尔市| 祥云县| 莱西市| 达拉特旗| 甘肃省| 东辽县| 湘阴县| 江孜县| 涿鹿县| 河池市| 益阳市| 分宜县| 黄石市| 永川市| 高陵县| 余姚市| 微山县| 丽水市| 隆回县| 和政县| 广灵县| 东方市| 海宁市| 丰顺县| 治多县| 双辽市| 中阳县|